GETTING VISA in D.R.C and Rwanda
VISA for a tourist D.R.Congo.
The only easy way to enter the country (DRCongo) for one of our touristic products is to apply for a tourist visa, hence the ICCN (Institut Congolais pour la Conservation de la Nature) also known as the Congolese wildlife authority has a common agreement with the Congolese immigration service commonly known in the country as DGM ( Direction General de Migration ) this agreement aims to facilitate getting a single visa entry in easy way for 14 days or 2 weeks just for those who come for volcano and wildlife visiting purpose and the visa price is USD $100. Note that to obtain your visa requires first to purchase either a mountain gorillas trek permit with a standard price of USD 400 or a Nyiragongo trek permit for it standard price of USD 300 , any arrangement of visa without these listed elements will not be accepted. The visa is applied at least 3 days before visit.
You will follow these following
• If you plan to come straight to DRCongo, let us know before and we can arrange the straight flight. People flying ETHIOPEAN AIRLINES directly into Goma must notify the Jambo Africa tours office at : firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks before their departure; this will enable us to fix your trip in good manner with Ethiopian Airlines office in Goma.
• You will be required to send us your scanned passport and fill the visa application form for you at the border, just 3 days before you enter the Congo and then will communicate its approval in short time, this is made possible if only you purchase a one of the tourist product, otherwise the normal visa for DRCongo takes 2 weeks process and the fund is not refundable.
• Only the DGM (Direction General de Migration) or the General Migration Management reserved the right to reject the visa in failure case. Getting a long stay visa is somehow complicated as you have to submit 2 weeks before and the visa price is higher than the tourist visa.
We have 2 border post between DRCongo ( Goma) and RWANDA( Gisenyi)
- Petite Barrière : this is not suitable for you as it is just a local community border, traffic jam of small scale trans-border traders more than 4000 people crossing a day.
- Grande Barrière : this is suitable and is reserved for visitors and diplomats, it is open 6:00 am until 10 pm but for a visitor 8:00 am is good to cross for virunga hiking because our transportation car will be waiting you at the border post and ready to drive you to the starting point.
- If you have booked for gorillas tracking, we recommend you to spend a night in Goma because the departure for Bukima is set at 6: 00 am and reach the park at least 8: oo am.
- If you have booked for Nyiragongo volcano hiking, It is better to spend a night either in Gisenyi for DRCongo, or in Goma because the departure is 8h30 minutes
To all of our clients, we do remind you that Virunga National Park is located in a region that is often troubled by unrest but the park management is ensuring the security of all its visitors, but it is better for visitors to get advised with government’s Office of Foreign Affairs about any travel alerts, now the situation is calm and controlled, but do not take a risk to plan a travel without consulting us a tour operator as well as your embassy or with your government’s Office of Foreign affairs, the Virunga National Park cannot take responsibility for any accidents or incidents. If any signs indicate a security issue, once the insecurity appear Jambo Africa Tours management will help you providing further information about it, you have just to send us an email at email@example.com and you will get a quick feedback. Please note: For those visitors who wish they spent their night in Goma town after gorillas trekking are obviously recommended to email us for more information because they are not permitted to leave past 15:30.
A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is required to enter Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Rwandan Tourist Visas:Foreign Nationals wishing to obtain a Rwandan Visa, submit their applications to Rwandan Diplomatic Missions of their Country of residence for processing. In case where we don’t have a Diplomatic Mission/ consulate, foreign nationals request for a visa acceptance letter online, which will be presented on arrival to obtain a visa upon payment of visa fee ($30).
In view of bilateral agreements, nationals of the following Countries may visit Rwanda without a visa for a period up to 90 days: Hong Kong, Philippines, Mauritius, Singapore and the Democratic Republic of Congo. EAC Partner states citizens' shall be issued with 6 months visitors pass (renewable) upon arrival with no fee.
Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom, and United States of America will be issued with entry visa valid for a period up to 30 days and pay for a visa ($30) upon arrival without prior application.
*Nationals of all African countries traveling to or transiting through Rwanda obtains a entry visa upon arrival without necessarily making prior application and pay for a visa ($30) where applicable.
Nationals of the countries mentioned above not exempted from visa may also choose to get visa at Rwanda Diplomatic Missions (except the UN Mission in New York) or online.
(data from Rwanda Directorate of Immigration and Emigration) for more information please visit https://www.migration.gov.rw/our_services/visa/
Book with us!
24 Hour at your service
Phone: +250 785 730 660
Phone: +250 781 505 108
Rubavu, RWANDA. NDORI's Building Next to 4G Square. Opposite the Mosque
Airport pick up and Drop Available.